The Methodist University of Angola, authorized by Decree 30/07, continues the Methodist educational action in the country, which dates back to 18 March 1885, with the arrival of Bishop William Taylor and 45 women and men on mission, erecting schools, hospitals and churches in service to the Kimbundu people. In the first two years, they established their activities beyond Luanda along the Kwanza River in Nhangue-a-Pepe, Quiongua, Quéssua, Hombo-a-Njinji, Mufuque and Mucondo. These missions had as their principle self-sustenance, which defined the Methodist identity in Angola.

One of the mission's main effects was the awakening and empowerment of indigenous leaders, such as Florinda Bessa, Joao Gaspar Fernandes, Mateus Pereira English, Joao Leão Webba, Maria Chaves and Adam Gaspar Domingos, who served the Church and society, driven by the message of the liberation of the oppressed proclaimed by Jesus himself in the Gospels.

Since then, the actions of the Angolan Methodist people, increasingly aware of the plunder and humiliation experienced under colonial rule, have evolved into a commitment to the country's independence and sovereignty. This commitment has been expressed in the formation of indigenous leaders for society. through education, encouraging the emancipation of women, protecting children and adolescents, developing opportunities for youth, affirming the dignity of the elderly, in accordance with the Social Principles expressed in the Book of Discipline of The United Methodist Church. .

The Methodist University of Angola therefore results from over a century of firm Methodist action in basic education throughout the national territory. It was created in the episcopate of Bishop Gaspar João Domingos in 2007 in the effort of national reconstruction that resulted from the Peace and Reconciliation Agreement. The University is part of a global network of over 800 universities and schools on all continents, affiliated with the International Association of Methodist Schools, Colleges and Universities (IAMSCU). It is based on the Methodist movement's commitments to universal access education, to human promotion, to the dialogue between faith and science, to freedom of thought and expression. These are precepts established since the founding of Kingswood School by the Reverend John Wesley, England, in 1748, during the Industrial Revolution. [2]

The Methodist University of Angola is composed by six faculties and four master's programs. [3]
  • 1. Faculty of Architecture
    • Architecture and Urbanism
  • 2. Faculty of Engineering
    • Computer Engineering
    • Mechatronics Engineering
    • Civil Engineering
    • Industrial Engineering and Electrical Systems
    • Environmental Engineering
  • 3. Faculty of Economic and Business Sciences
    • Business Management and Administration
    • Economy
    • Environment and Territory Management
  • 4. Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
    • Portuguese Language and Communication
    • Tourism and Hotel Management
    • Psychology
  • 5. Law School
  • 6. Faculty of Health Sciences and Sports
    • Clinical Analyzes and Public Health
    • Physiotherapy
    • Cardiopneumology
    • Nursing
    • Sport Sciences and Education
    • Biology

Master's Degrees

  • Accounting and Auditing
  • Applied Economics and Management
  • Economics and Territory Management
  • Environmental Management

Infrastructure

1. Health and Sports Campus in Cacuaco;

2. Kinaxixi Campus in Luanda.

Rua Reverendo Agostinho Pedro Neto, esquina com rua Nossa Senhora da Muxima, Bairro Kinaxixi, Luanda.

2019 © Todos os direitos reservados à Universidade Metodista de Angola